Daring to Dream...

Just a girl who is willing to question the norm

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Tortellini Stew!



Today was a VERY big day for me! The reason, you ask? Well, I used my new crockpot for the very first time today to make Tortellini Stew. Actually, my crockpot isn't new anymore (I got it for my birthday in June), but this is the first time I have used it (I had to take it out of the box and everything)! For those of you who know me, you know that I can't cook, or rather that I DON'T cook! Well, this recipe was just so easy I couldn't resist! All I had to do was measure out a few ingredients, pour a couple of containers of canned goods, and chop up an onion and zucchini. Then I threw them all into the crockpot and let them sit for four hours...yep, FOUR HOURS! After that, I added the tortellini and...PRESTO! The best part about my day was sitting down at my dining room table with candles and soft lamp light, listening to my sister's wedding cd, and enjoying a meal that I prepared. Mmm, yes indeed, today was just splendid!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kels! We are SO impressed! Your soup looks amazing- I wish that I could come over for dinner :)

We love you!

P.S. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog- I still can't believe that Audrey is so old!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Amy... said...

Kels,

So fun that we had the same thing for dinner! Yours looks prettier than mine, though. I'm glad you listened to our CD...it is a good one:) Come home and hang out--I miss you. love, Amy

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a great day on your own at the apartment and that your stew turned out to be a wonderful success. Miss you.
Love Mom

8:47 AM  
Blogger Amy... said...

I think you should keep blogging:) love you!

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelsey! I think you should come on over and cook for me!! I just had peanut butter toast for dinner!! Quick and easy - that's me! Hillary is on her way home soon from her produce job - long day at Cost Cutter. I think she is going to the Game tonight. Caitlin is out and about with friends, wine tasting today I think...Have you seen pictures of our new family member - we have a puppy named Pippin - she's a Yorky mix and absolutely lovely!! Your mom gave me your sister's blogs and I found you!! Holy Moly How fun! I'll have to be sure to show Hill!!~~~ Shelley

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home