Daring to Dream...

Just a girl who is willing to question the norm

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It Can Wait...

Ok, I admit it, I have a problem. I am a PROCRASTINATOR! There, I said it! And the sad part is that this problem isn't just in one area of my life; it has a hold on everything I do: cleaning, homework, crafts/projects, etc. For example, I have a dishwasher full of clean dishes just WAITING for me to unload and put away, a kitchen counter also full of clean dishes that have been "drying" for almost three days now, clean laundry sitting in the living room that has been calling my name but I refuse to listen, a VERY dirty bathroom sink that I am hoping my roommate will clean (Megan, if you are reading this, you know that I am only half joking!) and loads of homework that I try to ignore! Now I know that I am not the only one out there who has labeled themselves a procrastinator. In fact, I do believe that it is not entirely my fault that I put things off...I have come to the conclusion that it is part of my genetic make up. It isn't so apparent when you look at my mom and dad, but when you examine my siblings, it all becomes a little clearer! No offense to my brother and sister (in-law, but I never call her that), but they have a tendency to put things off as well. There are times when I will call up my brother and he will congratulate me for not writing a paper until the morning it is due. It's his way of saying "Good job sis, you are following in my footsteps!" Sometimes I think I should fight the problem and stop procrastinating, but then I tell myself "I can take care of that later..."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're not just procrastinators...we are procrastinating PERFECTIONISTS, which is even worse!!

P.S. Glad to see that you are carrying on the family tradition...

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get to work!

:)

Love Dad

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friday, Sept 8th-- Have you procrastinated your perfectionist self into a non-blogger universe or are you just orbiting your university in frantic fatigue?
Your mother loves you!

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Yes, you are....but you're good at it. One of the best:) Love you Sista!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home