Daring to Dream...

Just a girl who is willing to question the norm

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Football + Family = Good Times







This past week has been absolutely hectic! I was so looking forward to this weekend, not just because I wanted to relax, but also because my family came down for Cougar Football on Saturday! I know I have already posted about how much I love being a Coug and how fun the football games are, but I just can't help doing it one more time! We played nationally ranked USC yesterday and almost won (the score was 22-28 and I am pretty darn sure that if the refs hadn't left their glasses at home and laid off the bottle then we would of had it for sure -- sorry, I get a little riled up sometimes!). The energy in Martin Stadium was unbelievable and the sound of over 35,000 fans holding their breath in the final seconds of the game as a beautiful fall day came to a close was spectacular. And the best part about the day...I got to share that experience with my family! Whether we won or lost, I was thrilled because I was surrounded by the most beautiful, loving people! My nephew Parker was decked out in his Cougar hat and face tattoo (which, by the way, was too cute), and he even yelled "Go Cougs!" I am totally not exaggerating, Parker would throw his fist into the air and squeal with enthusiasm! Ahh, there is nothing like family and football...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had such a great time! It was actually even more fun than I expected. It would have been perfect if the Cougs had won, but they tried really really hard. I sound like such a mom:) Parker keeps yelling for the cougs and the tattoo is gradually coming off! It was so great to hang out, Kels. Can't wait to see you next time. Love, me

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kels! I love your pictures from the game- it looks like you guys had a really great time!

P.S. I can't believe that I totally forgot to call you and thank you for the beautiful b-day card you made for Audrey! THANK YOU! You did such a lovely job on it- I was very impressed! :)

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home