Daring to Dream...

Just a girl who is willing to question the norm

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Home Sweet Home


My roommate and I sharing our first picture together in our new apartment.

One week ago I moved into my very first apartment and I absolutely LOVE IT! I am sure that most of you reading this have already passed this stage in life, but I'm guessing that you can still relate to the excitement I am feeling. There is something quite liberating about having a place of your own; a place where you decide what shower curtain you want in the bathroom, a place where you stock the fridge with loads of healthy (and not so healthy) foods of your choice, and a place you can come to at the end of a busy day and breathe a sigh of relief knowing that you are HOME. No, the added responsibility of paying rent, calling the cable company, and running the dishwasher aren't always pleasant, yet they are all reminders that I am a capable, mature woman who is able to make it on her own!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so excited that you have a blog now!!! You are such a great writer, Kels. I can't wait to read more of your posts!

And congratulations on your first apartment. It IS a big deal! I remember being so excited about my first one for all the reasons that you mentioned- its just so fun to have your own space. Not just a room, but a whole HOME!

P.S. I can't believe that we haven't even talked since you got back! Let's try to talk soon, okay! I love you!!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Amy... said...

Kels,

When we visited your apartment, I was so impressed at how on top of things you already were! You're going to be great and it is really exciting! I really, really like your room and your organization. Sigh. I wish I could be more organized! love, mimes

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, dear daughter, congratulations on your blog debut. I think the title is SO fitting. It was certainly a parental goal to foster your dreams. And questioning the norm...yes, always ask questions! I will enjoy reading 'you' as the adventure of living life on your own unfolds.
Love the photo of you and Megan!
Love Mom

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. You forgot to identify the 'friend' next to you in your original post photo. I don't think I can spell her name correctly so I won't try!
Anyone else have a guess?
~Love Mom

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to post again! I check you like a million times a day :)

9:41 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I'm so glad you have a blog! So I can keep tabs on you. Your roommate looks really nice and I can hear your voice through your words! love you!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home