Daring to Dream...

Just a girl who is willing to question the norm

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Nepal

Fun Facts:
-80% of Nepalese follow Hinduism, making it the most Hinduic nation in the world
-The official language of Nepal is Nepali
-Nepal sits at the base of the Himalayas and is bordered by India and Tibet
-It is the 12th poorest country in the world
-A typical Nepalese meal consists of rice, vegetables, and dal (a leguminous crop that is high in protein)

About a week ago I decided that I want to go to Nepal. I know, it sounds crazy, but for some reason the idea entered my head and my heart, and now I can't stop thinking about it. I told my parents and they were just like, "Oh really, that's great Kels." I don't think they quite understand my newfound passion for this country. While I understand that this idea may seem a little grandiose, that does not stop me. The title of my blog is "Daring to Dream" and that is exactly what I am doing. I am daring to pursue something that others may question, and yet that opposition does not hinder me. Whether or not I end up accomplishing this goal next year or sometime down the road, I will continue to dream because that is who I am...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kels, I think that it is so cool that you want to go to Nepal! Actually, I just think that its awesome that you have a passion for travel. And I definitely agree with your philosophy- whether or not you end up going to every place you dream of or not, it is still fun to dream!

P.S. I was sad that I missed your phone call the other day. We'll have to catch up soon! I love you!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, you have not mentioned Nepal to me! What parent reaction are you talking about? Mot mine! I have great respect for all of your dreams--I probably have even more for you--and Nepal is fascinating. Are you SURE you don't want to pursue journalism or international relations? You go girl.
Love ALWAYS, Mom

10:26 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

hey, that is so cool that you are interested in going to nepal! i think you should go for it! there are so many avenues to go to foreign countries...! hey and by the way... i read this book called Don't Let the Goats Eat the Loquat Trees ยท Don't Let the Goats Eat the Loquat Trees by Dr. Thomas Hale that was sooooo interesting and easy to read - he was a doctor in nepal for like 20 years and has the best stories!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home