Daring to Dream...

Just a girl who is willing to question the norm

Saturday, December 02, 2006

5 Good Things About My Week

I worked so hard on my speech that my room was a complete DISASTER when I finally finished! :)

1) I wrote my LAST speech for my Communication Studies class this semester and I am so very happy to be done! I get really nervous when I have to talk in front of lots of people, and even more so when I know that I am being graded on both the content of my speech and the way I deliver it. Anywho, I got it done with, I did extremely well (better than I thought I would), and I just feel so relieved! The topic of my speech...the astronomical cost of a quality college education (you better believe that I was extremely passionate about this topic!)
2) I bought a lovely little poinsettia to bring some Christmas cheer to our apartment! I don't do very well with plants (it totally runs in my family), but I think I can manage this one...at least until Christmas! Every time I walk into the kitchen, where the poinsettia is sitting on the dining room table, I just get a little smile on my face!
3) On Friday night I went over to a friend's house where a group of us from The INN all played Tripoley together. I had never even heard of it before, but it is pretty much the most awesome game in the world. The game combines elements of poker, hearts, and rummy. All I can say is that I just had so much fun!
4) I made my famous Oatmeal Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies this week (famous meaning that all of my friends LOVE them and my roommate can't get enough of them...I am not very domestic, but I will admit that I can make some mean cookies!) Oh so yummy!
5) I don't have to make dinner tonight! Some friends are coming over to celebrate a birthday, and we are going to have chicken fettuccini alfredo! All I have to do is be a welcoming, warm hostess!
*Sometimes I find that reflecting on all of the good things that have happened to you make the bad things seem much less important. It makes me realize how very blessed I am.*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kels,
I am glad you are positive. Sorry about all the trouble from last night, and everything else. I love you :) And YES, those cookies are the greatest!!!!

Peace Out Hommie!!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Amy... said...

What do you mean plant-killing runs in the family;) ? I like your attitude about the five good things...it helps, doesn't it? I also like your pictures.; they make me feel better about some of the rooms here! love you, Amy

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are a treasure. I love seeing your room "perfect," but showing the chaos is fun-- besides, it helps overcome any of those OCD tendencies. Maybe Amy would say that you are "living life like a hardwood floor!"
Love Mom

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another thought-- I really agree with your comment between the asterists. ~Mom

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home